Thursday, May 10

For Alicia, Those Who Believe They Deserve Better, and could I try..Me?

To a dear friend, Alicia Bitch Long Legs.

After reading your latest entry about you-know-what, an excerpt from your blog's profile strucked me today as my eyes unintentionally floated past these words; hard enough to make me *yawn* struggle out of my endless inertia to write this post.

*yawn*

Not that it's any sudden enlightenment of any sort but well, they certainly rang
especially loud.

"....wish to believe that I do have good taste and seek to settle for no less than the best."

You certainly should. And so do all deserving humans. But then again, who's deserving? I suppose that boils down to how much we love ourselves. And yes, not in a narcissistic manner.

And let's not care anymore what's Best in the eyes of others. For they seldom measure up to our own.

Oh, I wasn't referring to the "good taste" part hor.

But I think everyone should stick a Post It on our foreheads to remind ourselves to treat ourselves better once in a while, if not, all the time. Then again, our foreheads aren't exactly the best location for reminders eh?

Sacrifices and compromises can only be justified if we can genuinely feel it's worth at the end of the day. And that does not entail endless post-deed complaints or suffering. Instead, a certain calmness, or should I say, Peace. Uh no, I honestly did not mean to sound like Miss Pageant. Forgive me. Hur.


Treat yourselves right.

And it's only after a monstrous 25 years of time that I'm finally able to just smell the meaning of Self Love.

Ran out of Post Its. Could I have just 1 please?

1 nosey parkers:

Blogger allie said...

Dear Judgemental Jane,

Thanks for the post.

We all deserve the best... even you... Judgemental Jane. But of course we define what's best for us. Nobody else will ever know what's best for you.

Now that you know the meaning of self love... practise it!

Note: You shouldn't put post-it on your forehead. You should wear it on your heart.

6:05 pm  

Ah,and temptation is great.

<< Home