Saturday, August 27

This fish doesn't stink.

I am not Yummy King.

I am Moths In My Mouth.

And I say, the Beach Road Fish Slice Soup (yes that is the stall's name, don't come and argue with me abt whether its fish slice or slice fish) at #01-99 ( but the 99 appears to have faded off so u have to locate 98 and 100 my dear Watson) ,Golden Mile Food Centre/Complex/Hawker, that is right beside Kampong Glam CC,

* breathes*

is simply... Mo Tak Tang.

First and foremost, the FISH is ALWAYS fresh ( ok. so I haven't ate it 300 times, maybe just 5. but when MOTHS IN THE MOUTH says it's good, it can ONLY be good u doubting lil fuckizo. Also, fuckizo, coming from the daughter of a fish/fishing/fish/oh said that already enthusiast, who has inherited a credible amount of knowledge of The Scaly Thing, by choice or not, u can put yer fluttering fears aside.) , nice meaty slices with bite ( yes I know it says fish slice, but it's always nice to know that u're eating something that feels real, and not paper thin things that is apparently fish but..WHAT FISH?) , yet tender.

And I think they use mackerel, but LET'S NOT BE TOO SURE FIRST.
FEAR NOT! Moths In My Mouth will remind herself to ask the Uncle and the Auntie the next time she gets a chance.

Kangkong are the greens, and well, they appear fresh too I must say.
Cos they are really...green.
Never wilty, holed or ..they just always looked really VIBRANT to me.
Comes in abundance too. ALWAYS.
Consistence! Consistence!

Now. The Soup.
Not too sweet, not too salty, not too bland.
Just really savoury.
Really. (Just look at that conviction..)
And I even detect a sliiiiiiight tinge of herb flavour; the kind that only the skilled can tell.
However, even the skilled can falter.
So FEAR NOT!
Confirmation will be executed very soon.

And yes, the kind people throw in a lil tuff of dried seaweed, like a bundle of nosehair or other more undesirable body hair that u might like to think of, that dissolves and SPREADS itself to double its size as it reacts with the hot liquid, which eventually amounts to not very much still.

But of cos, too much of that might overpower the flavour of the soup and all, and that certainly would be a no no. So just for taste, just for taste.

You can have it with mee sua, rice ( in the soup, yes not the congee kind) , or soup aside accompanied with yam rice.

First 2 scores with me, have yet to try the yam rice.

So now, what are u waiting for?
Hurry down to BEACH ROAD FISH SLICE SOUP AT GOLDEN MILE SLASH OR SLASH OR SLASH NOW!

Don't you just love local adverts?

-_-