Friday, October 21

Yeeee!

Aaaaaalrite. Here's my final on Depeche Mode's Playing The Angel. ( After a clearer sampling)

It's not too bad. It's REALLY NOT TOO BAD!

Ok here's my take. More than 5 tracks ( so far) sounds decent and that's surely potential.

Daaark ambient, quite a bit of wOoooze here and there, yet it remains soothing. Yes.

Ignoring the redundantly synonymous bang kachang ting tiang tang intro to a number of tracks, and everything is pretty decent.


First off the album:

A Pain That I'm Used To - Typical DM sound, very catchy, gets you all geared up for the rest

John The Revelator - Another upbeat track that will definitely keep those toes tappin'.

I Want It All - Uh, I call it the "Somebody" of this album.

Damaged People - AH..this one. Interesting little piece. Decided immediately that it shall be my favourite the instant I heard it. Lyrics kinda grabbed my sleeves right from the start.
Lovely title too yes?

Suffer Well - What a title. Anyhow. Dancey trancey track. It's..aaaalrite.

Macrovision - Uh. Don't dig this. Don't dig the distortion, the awkward breaks and merge of melodies. Disgusting title doesn't help much either cept for reminding me about..Macroeconomics. Which isn't too wonderful a memory.

The Darkest Star - Soooothing piece with sprinkles of danger lurking to jolt you up before you mistaken it as a sweet lullaby. Nice woozy one to end it all. You just want to f..l..ooat....or maybe not.


And The Reviewer shall take her leave.
Such teeedious work I do. Oui.