Thursday, June 2

Fear The Unknown, or Would You Like To Know?

fatalism. neither my friend. nor a foe.

silently. slowly. creeping beneath this soul.

binds me into safety

wrecks my whole.

these intangibles I desperately feed on,

of which, You control.

we'll see where u take me,

we'll see where I'll go.


In this world, perhaps, just perhaps, there is someone out there, somewhere, that you have never known, a stranger, that shares a part of you, in ways u may never come to know, but whose paths cross, touch, intertwine with yours, somewhere some time, amidst this great mystery of the past, present and the future, in which I suppose we call Life. And if one day, u meet this person, or stumble upon his tracks, it's as if a moment in time is lost, lost the very second u enter an entirely different realm. Realm of thoughts, realm in time, realm of uncertainty that everything you see, hear or feel is real. Surreal you may call it, heavy laden I feel. You're not sure if you wanted this at all. A little bit excited. A little bit afraid. A little bit of disbelief. You think you know, but you don't. As bits and pieces of clues unravel themselves when you least expect it, it's as if the Great Mystery has just gotten one step closer. Storylines flood the brain. Questions questions. They go up in flames. How clever them explainations, unanswered you still remain. And then you think to yourself. "I wish I never knew." Or are you glad for this twist of fate.Some say we are the masters of our fate. Some believe its all the work of Providence. I prefer to see it as a matter of both. Perhaps that certain philosopher's theory that everything comes with two sides, or extremes, is right.

When does one fear the unknown? When the unknown comes to be known?

What is it. Just what is it?




And I can't help reflecting back on this song once again.

What if everything around you,
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you used to know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks,
Would you find yourself...find yourself afraid to see?


Nin - Right Where It Belongs


If after searching high and low, I still can't seem to find any answers, I suppose the only thing i can do is grab on to my seat, and go with the flow. Perhaps some things are best left alone. When the time is right, perhaps never, but if, it'll show.

Then,I want to embrace it, grapple with it, and look at it in its eye.