Tuesday, September 6

Feed Thy Soul

This is wonderful news.

New sounds.

New material.

More food for the ravenous soul.

It can be very exciting at times.

All these new albums this year...they're just springin' up people..springin up!

And I mean new albums, not new artistes.

Not that I abandon my old ones the moment I spy something new.

In fact, I end up rummaging for my good o'l trusty collection of 90's alternative and acoustic rock most of the time.

Ah. They are THE best. Til now, indeedo, til now.

Uh. Before I cleanly forget,

Le New Album of..of my exclaimation.



"The title brings all kinds of images to mind,time lapse photography or someone standing still. But the sentiments of that are that I think we're so impregnated with film and moving imagery that sometimes in your life when something happens like an accident, or someone dies, or someone's born-whatever it happens to be -- time seems to play a trick on you and the whole thing just seems utterly unreal. You're so used to processing reality at a certain pace, as if it's some kind of edited TV programme. The shit that we've imbibed has obviously affected our minds and our perception. That's the starting point," explains David.

"This record isn't autobiographical or so related to me in the storytelling and the narrative aspect as its predecessors. Where possible I've deviated from that, it's more abstract. It's much more eloquent musically, so I'm hanging images in the spaces and letting the sound do the talking."

Excerpt taken from MtvAsia